Community Forum

Cannot receive emails

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Cannot receive emails

Hello,

For some reason, when i try to send myself an email (from my yahoo email for example) it replies with an error message that basically says "this email does not exist" I do not recieve anything in my comcast mailbox.

I am however able to send emails out (to my yahoo email for example).

What can i do to fix this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cannot receive emails

@AJ6817 wrote:

Hello,

For some reason, when i try to send myself an email (from my yahoo email for example) it replies with an error message that basically says "this email does not exist" I do not recieve anything in my comcast mailbox.

I am however able to send emails out (to my yahoo email for example).

What can i do to fix this?

Please give us the exact error message.  Thanks

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

550: 5.1.1 <XXXXXXXXXX@comcast.net> recipient mailbox unallocated
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@AJ6817 wrote: ... 550: 5.1.1 <XXXXXXXXXX@comcast.net> recipient mailbox unallocated

If @ComcastCSAEmail or another employee doesn't reply to your message here, Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@AJ6817 please PM me your Xfinity ID so that i can start investigating this for you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor