Community Forum

Cannot access E-mails on my desk top

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot access E-mails on my desk top

I can log into my account and see the little envelope symbol for my e-mail, and can even see the number of e-mails waiting for me, but when I click the icon, it cannot get me into my e-mail. After a minute or two of trying, I get a blue screen saying that there is a connection error and that the service is currently unavilable, followed by try again later.  I also have a lap top and can get my e-mails OK on that.  Any advice...?  

Thanks in anticipation.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Cannot access E-mails on my desk top

@hoosier1960 wrote:

I can log into my account and see the little envelope symbol for my e-mail, and can even see the number of e-mails waiting for me, but when I click the icon, it cannot get me into my e-mail. After a minute or two of trying, I get a blue screen saying that there is a connection error and that the service is currently unavilable, followed by try again later.  I also have a lap top and can get my e-mails OK on that.  Any advice...?  

Thanks in anticipation

What browser are you using?  Have you tried other browsers?  Did this ever work for you?  There may be a setting in your browser causing the issue.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

I have tried another browser but that did not make any difference.  I have Windows 10 and am using the Edge Browser.  The funny thing is that the e-mail was working ok up until a few days ago and as far as I know, I have not changed any settings.  I am wondering if I have picked up a virus?  I have done a scan which did not find anything, but I know places like Best Buy have specialized stuff for fixing faults.  I am starting to think that it something on the computer, but it seems alright with other stuff on the web.  I have tried system restore which I would have thought, would have reset any erronious changes I made, but this did not help.

Highlighted
Expert

@hoosier1960 wrote:

I have tried another browser but that did not make any difference.  I have Windows 10 and am using the Edge Browser.  The funny thing is that the e-mail was working ok up until a few days ago and as far as I know, I have not changed any settings.  I am wondering if I have picked up a virus?  I have done a scan which did not find anything, but I know places like Best Buy have specialized stuff for fixing faults.  I am starting to think that it something on the computer, but it seems alright with other stuff on the web.  I have tried system restore which I would have thought, would have reset any erronious changes I made, but this did not help.

I'm assuming that you are using only the Comcast webmail UI, and not a client or app on the computer.  That being the case, can you access other accounts you may have OK like Yahoo, Gmail or some other?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I do not have any other accounts.  I have decided to take it into Best Buy as I think that it is something to do with the PC.  I want to get a few things upgarded so while it is there, I will get them to look at it.  Thanks to all for your suggestions.