Community Forum

Can't reach a specific web site.

rcapppgh
New Poster

Can't reach a specific web site.

I am having trouble getting to a website. The website is www.jbfonlinepittsburgh. I can sometimes get to it on the Xfinity network, but there are times when I receive the message that the connection has timed out. I have tried a variety of browsers and with similar results. I can get to the site if I turn off wifi on my phone and use the Verizon data network to get to the site. Is there something wrong with the site? Is Xfinity blocking the site?

jav6joev
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't reach a specific web site.

@rcapppgh wrote:

I am having trouble getting to a website. The website is www.jbfonlinepittsburgh. I can sometimes get to it on the Xfinity network, but there are times when I receive the message that the connection has timed out. I have tried a variety of browsers and with similar results. I can get to the site if I turn off wifi on my phone and use the Verizon data network to get to the site. Is there something wrong with the site? Is Xfinity blocking the site?

Could be an issue with the Comcast Domain Name Servers getting updates for that domain.  Or the updates are pointing to servers/routers that are having issues.  Verizon DNS servers may not be getting those same updates or don't have the routing issues to the problem domain destination.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
EG
Expert

Re: Can't reach a specific web site.

@rcapppgh wrote:

Perhaps posting the output of a traceroute to the site when you can't reach it will reveal a clue about what's going on / where the blockage is.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!