Community Forum

Can't log into Thunderbird

jpaynesmith
Regular Visitor

Can't log into Thunderbird

I have repeatedly tried to log into Thunderbird using what I know for a fact is my correct password for my Comcast account (i.e. the one that works when logging into xfinity.com with my comcast.net email address). But it keeps failing every time I try to log in. I have tried every other plausible password I can think of and none of them work either. The image below is the error message I keep getting from Thunderbird.

jpaynesmith_0-1612562804817.png

jpaynesmith
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't log into Thunderbird

jpaynesmith_0-1612563102356.png

Hopefully this will display the actual error message I tried to copy and paste in the original post.

Edit: It didn't work and, though I have no idea why, it appears to be impossible to delete this reply. Why is this website designed so poorly and infuriatingly that such a simple task is impossible?

Again
Expert

@jpaynesmith wrote:

jpaynesmith_0-1612563102356.png

Hopefully this will display the actual error message I tried to copy and paste in the original post.

Edit: It didn't work and, though I have no idea why, it appears to be impossible to delete this reply. Why is this website designed so poorly and infuriatingly that such a simple task is impossible?

Because some unscrupulous people posted inappropriate images now most images must be approved by a moderater before they can be seen.  You could try hosting the image at another site and then pasting the link here.

What is the exact message you're getting?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
jpaynesmith
Regular Visitor

I apologize for violating the guidelines against posting personally identifying information. But now I can't even access the link to which the thread has been moved. The error message on the link in question for me says, "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." Do I need to start a new thread?

jpaynesmith
Regular Visitor

At the top in bold, the error message says, "Login to account "[my email address] failed". Then below that not in bold it says, "Login to server imap.comcast.net with username [my email address] failed."