gsenn1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Can no longer copy and paste in email

Up until a couple weeks ago I had no issues using copy and past in email. I usually highlite what I want (url or text or even a picture), right click and copy. Say I wanted to send that information to someone. I would create a new email  then right click and paste. Currently the copy appears to work but when I go to paste the right click brings up a different pop up that dosen't even have paste as an option.  I have tried a different browser, different computer, had my wife try it on her account using chrome, same thing.  gmail works fine so I don't believe it would be the hardware. 

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@gsenn1 wrote:

Up until a couple weeks ago I had no issues using copy and past in email. I usually highlite what I want (url or text or even a picture), right click and copy. Say I wanted to send that information to someone. I would create a new email  then right click and paste. Currently the copy appears to work but when I go to paste the right click brings up a different pop up that dosen't even have paste as an option.  I have tried a different browser, different computer, had my wife try it on her account using chrome, same thing.  gmail works fine so I don't believe it would be the hardware. 

Have you tried the command ctrl key + v?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have not tried that. Sounds simple enough but when would I do that? Before I copy and paste or ????

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Just tried it. Ctrl key +v did  as opposed to paste did the trick. Worked like a champ. Much appreciated.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@gsenn1 wrote: ... Ctrl key +v did  as opposed to paste did the trick. ...

The are many keyboard combinations that can be handy to know. Ex: Ctrl-X is "Cut", and Ctrl-C is "Copy". See https://www.google.com/search?q=keyboard+copy+cut+paste for the basics, and https://www.google.com/search?q=keyboard+shortcuts for a bunch of others.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Ctrl+v 👍Thanks a bunch!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have this issue and ctrl V does not work.   

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_33c100 

Did you try right click/paste?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

5/30/2021  I am having the same problem.  I use a Mac.  Neither the right click / paste method nor the keyboard control V method works.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_46c852

Try clearing your cache.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I cannot paste url address into email when using my Mac or phone.  It worked a month ago.  What happened ?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_abd1f8 

What do you mean you can't paste a URL into an email?  You copy it and then when you paste it it doesn't show up or what?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here