user_afo6f5's profile

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

Saturday, October 5th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

CHANGE -- EMAIL SPACING NOW BACK TO NORMAL?

This morning, after sending an email, I saw that Comcast has suddenly returned its spacing back to normal, like other email services.  You can now put a space between paragraphs when composing, instead of NOT spacing (and hoping it turns out correctly when you send it).  I begged for this over a year ago, and I'm glad to finally see it --- I hope they leave it as is, now!

Now, when composing, you can space between paragraphs like this (normally, like Yahoo, Gmail, etc):

aaaaaaaaaaaa

bbbbbbbbbbb

Instead of having to SINGLE space like this (and having it change--hopefully--when you send it):

aaaaaaaaaaa

bbbbbbbbbb

Thank you for changing this back, Comcast!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry -- I jumped too fast, even though I tested it several times.  Several hours later, the problem is there again.

Never mind.  You still have to single space when composing in order to get a double space when you send it.  Silly, and makes no sense, but I guess that's the way the email wizards with Comcast want it.

Too bad.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

5 years ago

Would someone PLEASE tell me why this is changing back and forth?  It's back to a "normal" setting, again.  It resulted in me sending out a professional email this morning that looks like garbage because there's no spacing between paragraphs.  Not only is it hard for them to read, it's embarrassing.

My computer is not the cause -- this happens when using other computers and my phone.  SURELY you can do better.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

5 years ago

I've asked about this issue of paragraph spacing going back many months.  I notice others have asked about it on this forum, as well.  None of them have ever received an answer on it -- most of them not even a reply.

I'm BAFFLED on why Comcast made this bizarre change to their email system.  It's obviously a problem for many, yet they choose to ignore it.  No other server has set it up this way--not GMail, not Yahoo, not Hotmail, not ATT --NO ONE.  

Anyone there?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here