Community Forum

Backup EMail Folders

Highlighted
New Poster

Backup EMail Folders

I have approximtely 36 EMail Folder/Sub-Folder combinations with years worth of accumulated Data. How do I back this structure, and the EMails contained within, up? Is a Backup even necessary?  Does Comcast maintain Backups of EMails, etc. Google Chrome is my Default Browser. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Backup EMail Folders

You can save emails as .eml files. In your backup, make a folder with the same name as your email folder to store them in.

Back up anything that's important to you.

One or more emails can be saved at a time.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-connect-toolbar 

toolbar HOW3664_07152020_26.jpg

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Tags (3)
Highlighted
Expert

@ADezii wrote:

I have approximtely 36 EMail Folder/Sub-Folder combinations with years worth of accumulated Data. How do I back this structure, and the EMails contained within, up? Is a Backup even necessary?  Does Comcast maintain Backups of EMails, etc. Google Chrome is my Default Browser. Thanks in advance.

In addition to what rightfooted said, ----------------

No, Comcast does not have backups of your emails per se.  If you mean you want to backup your entire email account, you should be using a desktop email client like Thunderbird, Outlook or Mac Mail, and then using a backup utility for the computer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks to both of you for your swift Replys - I think that I will go the *.eml Route. There doesn't appear to be an Option to also Backup Sub-Folders under a given Folder, but I can work around that. Should I ever need to restore the *.eml Files, and re-create the EMail Folder Structure, how do I accomplish that. Thanks again for your time and effort.