Community Forum

Attaching a video to an email with xfinity app.

Highlighted
New Poster

Attaching a video to an email with xfinity app.

How can I attach a video to an email using the xfinity app? The only thing I can attach to an email is a photo using the app. When I select attachment in my email, it says photo or camera and I select photo and it goes to where my photos and videos are stored but I can only select photos. The video icons are there but I can select them. They are faded out. I can send videos using my computer using windows but not on my iPhone using the app.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Attaching a video to an email with xfinity app.

@jermdm wrote:
How can I attach a video to an email using the xfinity app? The only thing I can attach to an email is a photo using the app. When I select attachment in my email, it says photo or camera and I select photo and it goes to where my photos and videos are stored but I can only select photos. The video icons are there but I can select them. They are faded out. I can send videos using my computer using windows but not on my iPhone using the app.

Videos are usually way too large to send through email.  There is a 25MB limit to an email and that includes all headers and attachments, which is why you're probably able to send photos.

Try a file sharing service.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Attaching a video to an email with xfinity app.

I have the same problem, worked when I had an Android but not with my iPhone...