Community Forum

Annoying delete double-check message

Highlighted
New Poster

Annoying delete double-check message

Hello,

Every time I select the "Delete" button to get rid of an email, an Xfinity software message appears with the question "Do you want to permanently delete this mail?"

I've checked the following box

Xfinity/Mail/Settings/Mail/[checked box]Permanently remove deleted emails 

and still get the annoying message.

I'm getting tired of having to select 2 options every time I want to delete an email, but would like to continue using the online Xfinity interface.

Did I miss a setting somewhere ?  Or is this annoying feature hard-wired into the system ?

I did call and speak to Xfinity support staff, but they couldn't help. 

Thanks,

--Frank

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Annoying delete double-check message

It's hard-wired into the software.  You can't change it.  The only time you should see that message is if you are trying to delete a message from the Trash folder.  If you go ahead and delete the message, it will appear in a folder unofficially called the "dumpster".  It's not really deleted---------yet.  The default setting for Trash is-------------

Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first

When a message times out of Trash, it goes to the dumpster, which you can access by right-clicking on the Trash folder, and in the menu you get click on "Recover deleted items".  The message will remain in that recovery folder for 30 days from the time it got there, then it will drop out permanently and will no longer be recoverable.  When you use the option in Settings to---------------------

"

I've checked the following box

Xfinity/Mail/Settings/Mail/[checked box]Permanently remove deleted emails "

All that does is bypass the Trash folder and send your deletions straight to the dumpster.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi, Latoque:

Thanks very much.

I was afraid the answer would be a hardwired function ... too bad ... and too tedious.

Guess I'll have to switch back to the Apple Mail app or maybe see if Gmail can handle my Xfinity email.

By the way, the annoying pop-up appears BOTH when I delete an email from Trash folder AND my Inbox.

Regards,

--Frank

Highlighted
New Poster

This response in inaccurate.  The double check warning occurs regardless of what folder you're in.