Community Forum

All emails accidentally sent to junk, server not responding when trying to move back to inbox

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

All emails accidentally sent to junk, server not responding when trying to move back to inbox

On my iphone I selected all emails in my inbox trying to "mark as read" but accidentally hit "move to junk".  I immediately tried to move all emails back to inbox unsuccessfully.  I also learned that I have over 2,000,000 emails which is at 10 GB email capacity.  When I try to open junk folder to delete or move emails the server stops responding.  I would appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: All emails accidentally sent to junk, server not responding when trying to move back to inbox

If you can, try accessing the email with a desktop or laptop computer, using only the webmail interface.  Can you move emails around that way?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: All emails accidentally sent to junk, server not responding when trying to move back to inbox

I was able to delete emails from my inbox.  I have emptied the trash.  When I try to delete emails from spam, I get error messages that the server is not responding or an error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.  I called for help several times, including security technical support.  They gave me a ticket number and escalated my problem to level 2 department.  I was told level 2 would call me last Friday April 3. They did not call.  I called security support 2 more times, was told I will get a call within 24-72 hours.  No call.  Don't know what to do, I have not been able to get emails for 9 days and this is my primary account.

Highlighted
Official Employee

you need to go on the webmail and delete emails as much as you can. If you are selecting ALL emails and its failing/times out - then try in smaller batches. Let me know once you've cleared out the email and made space. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have been able to delete approximately 50,000 emails from spam after many hours working on it.  For some reason there are 7-10 copies of each email.  I have tried filtering spam emails in small increments for example "1/1/2019-1/6/2019 as daterange"  as someone recommended online.  It will work for a little bit, then it will stop working and I will get server errors.   

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I was told only Level 2 Department could help delete these emails.  According to comcast website, spam email is deleted after 7 days.  It has been more than 7 days and spam has not been deleted.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Sorry for the troubles,

Let me see if we can deduplicate and move them back to your inbox.  This may take a few days due to the number of messages.  I will follow up with you through a direct message once we have some progress. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.