veggienut's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Adding an email

When I do, it says: not a valid mail address. So how do I add an email address? And how many are you allowed?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@veggienut wrote:

When I do, it says: not a valid mail address. So how do I add an email address? And how many are you alloweda user?

You posted about this late last year.

You are allowed 7 email addresses which includes the Primary.

You have to create a user account BEFORE you can add that email address to any program outside of webmail; webmail automatically populates the email address.

The instructions for adding a user can be found here:

To create a new user ID [email address], log in to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/users, then scroll down and click on "Add a New User"and follow the directions.

You must be logged in with your Primary account in order to create a new user ID.

To find your Primary user ID, use the Lookup Tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

Just enter the requested information and you will see a listing of all the user ID's on your account, one of which will be the Primary ID.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

@veggienut wrote:

I was trying to add another email thru my email since there is a link to "add mail account". So if I am not suppose to go there, then what is this for?

That's for adding other existing email accounts so you can check them from one place. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/add-external-email-accounts-to-xfinity-connect .

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I was trying to add another email thru my email since there is a link to "add mail account". So if I am not suppose to go there, then what is this for?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just to make sure we're clear on additional email addresses:

1. I can NOT add a new email for myself (primary holder) in order to have 2 (or more) emails

2. I can add a new USER which can NOT be myself (must have different name and different phone #)

Is this right?

Tnx,
Sergio

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@SergioCh wrote:

Just to make sure we're clear on additional email addresses:

1. I can NOT add a new email for myself (primary holder) in order to have 2 (or more) emails

2. I can add a new USER which can NOT be myself (must have different name and different phone #)

Is this right?

Tnx,
Sergio

Yes, that is correct.  You need to understand how Comcast email accounts are structured.  They are based on the model of a primary account holder with perhaps other people in the same household.  Each other person can then have a secondary account with their own credentials.  Comcast email has no provision for using traditional aliases, if that is what you are trying to do.

Of course, you can always just set up a secondary and use it as you like.  But it would need it's own user ID and password.  If the primary is set up for 2 factor authentication using a phone number, that same number cannot be used on any other account under the same primary.  You can still use a secondary account---------- it just won't be able to use 2FA.  I do this myself.  I have my primary and two secondaries right now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here