Community Forum

Adding a new contact to an existing email group WITHOUT adding them to current email contacts?

MLR2
Regular Visitor

Adding a new contact to an existing email group WITHOUT adding them to current email contacts?

I was unable to find any answers to this question after spending considerable time searching Comcast and the internet.  I think I did find a way by trial and error.  If anyone can answer this question in a better way, I would greatly appreciate it. This is what I accomplished, but it seems crazy to me:

Opened  "address book"

Clicked on "collected addresses"

Created a contact and placed a last name in the last name box and added them to an already created group - closed the contact.

Clicked on "Goups" - opened up the group email list I had previously created, searched for the new contact by last name and clicked on "edit."   Finished inputting info and closed.

This created a new contact in the email group only and didn't add them to my regular address book.   But I still think it's convoluted.  Is there a better way?

Latoque
Expert

Re: Adding a new contact to an existing email group WITHOUT adding them to current email contacts?

Actually no.  The way you described is the only way I know of to do that.  The Appsuite software is designed to use the basic address book as the source of entries for groups, and if you delete a contact from the address book, it will also be deleted from any group it's in.  Your work-around will do the trick, but as you say---bit of a job.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
MLR2
Regular Visitor

Re: Adding a new contact to an existing email group WITHOUT adding them to current email contacts?

Thank you!