Community Forum

do the video cams have audio

New Poster

do the video cams have audio

just wondered if the video cam recorded audio? i dont believe they do but does anyone have a definitive answer on that. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: do the video cams have audio

No audio, there’s no microphone

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

They do now, they just updated the Xfinity Home app October 9th, 2019. With the version number: 10:38. The description for the new update is, “ Camera sound for Live Video and 24/7 recording is here! You can now have the option to add one-way sound to Live Video and 24/7 video recording. Turn the sound on while accessing the camera, or later, under Camera Settings.“ This is for IOS, not sure if it’s available on Android yet.
Silver Problem Solver

@MasterELITE135 wrote:
They do now, they just updated the Xfinity Home app October 9th, 2019. With the version number: 10:38. The description for the new update is, “ Camera sound for Live Video and 24/7 recording is here! You can now have the option to add one-way sound to Live Video and 24/7 video recording. Turn the sound on while accessing the camera, or later, under Camera Settings.“ This is for IOS, not sure if it’s available on Android yet.

I called XHome Security and they said the cameras I have support only recording; there is no two-way speaker on mine.

I turned on the option on both my cameras.

Thank you for the heads-up.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!