Community Forum

New System; Communication Error Constant

New Poster

New System; Communication Error Constant

We had a security system with 10 sensors, a motion sensor, and 2 cameras installed 3 days ago. First night we had issues connecting to the cameras from the touchscreen (with it still in the same spot it was in during installation). Starting the next day, we began having issues with 2 of our window sensors saying the batteries needed replacing. I called XFINITY and they said that couldn’t possibly be the case as the system was just installed. They had me take the batteries out and place back in and they reset the touchscreen. The person I spoke to said there should have been LED lights lighting up in the sensors however no lights ever lit up. Anyway, after doing this the system worked fine. Next morning (today) I disarmed my system and a few hours later the touchscreen was beeping and said 9 sensors needed batteries replaced! Then, suddenly I began receiving alerts that multiple doors were opening and closing, even though they weren’t. I called XFINITY and they asked had the touchscreen been moved from its originally installed location, it had been moved from the living room to the master bedroom but the technician had said that’d be no problem. They then had me do the same, remove batteries and re insert. Did that and it fixed the issue with only some of the sensors. I became frustrated and requested then to cancel my service.
My questions are.. why were the LED lights on my sensors not working? Does it matter when moving the touchscreen from one room to another? And finally, if we decide to give them another shot and call them back up this week, would that do away with the 30 day grace period that I’m in for cancellation, seeing as I’ve already cancelled?