Community Forum

Li-polymer 4v battery in home touchscreen

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Li-polymer 4v battery in home touchscreen

The Li-polymer 4v battery  in my home security touchscreen needs to be replaced NOW!  I cannot find a replacement anywhere online.  How do I  get a replacement?  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Li-polymer 4v battery in home touchscreen

Hi CEEFBEE -

If you know your battery is bad, only an Xfinity Home technician can replace it.  Please give us a call and we can schedule an appointment for a technician to come by to install the battery and make sure everything looks good afterward.

Note - some people feel they need a new battery because the Touchscreen's display goes dark during a power loss.  This is normal, and is done to conserve battery power.  Tapping on the Touchscreen will temporarily cause it to light back up during a power loss. 

Also, cameras will not function during a power loss, as they require electricity to work.  Life-safety features such as Motion Dectection and Door & Window sensors will still work, and any alarms will still be transmissed to the Central Monitoring station via Cellular Backup, assuming your Internet Connection is down as well.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!