Community Forum

Can I still hear the chimes from the door/window sensors if I cancel home security?

Amvankirk15
New Poster

Can I still hear the chimes from the door/window sensors if I cancel home security?

I am currently leasing touchscreen so will have to return when I cancel. Do the chimes on the door/window sensors still go off even without touch screen?
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Can I still hear the chimes from the door/window sensors if I cancel home security?

No, the sound of the chimes is through the touchscreen.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
ComcastBecker
Official Employee

Re: Can I still hear the chimes from the door/window sensors if I cancel home security?

CCAndrew is right for most of our customers who lease our Touchscreen. You would need to return the Touchscreen once service is cancelled.

I wanted to to note thought - for our newer Xfinity Home customers who own their Touchscreen, chimes would still work after disconnection.

If you are unsure if you Lease or Own, check the Xfinity Home section of your billing statement.... customers who Lease will have a note to that effect in this section of the bill.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!