Community Forum

flex box

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

flex box

Why can't i get a flex box if i have both x1 and xFi? i have the internet, why can't i get the flex box, if i choose not to add another cable box, and iall i want to do is add streaming to a tv?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: flex box

That’s the policy? Just add a Roku, if you’re streaming

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thanks andrew. yes, i know it's the policy, but it doesn't seem to make sense, and why should i have to go to a 3rd party device, like roku, which i have used on some of my TVs, before seeing that comcast offered the flex device. the device is free with xFi internet, which i have, but not only, since i have xfinity tv, so it's unavailable to me. why am i penalized for paying more money to and having more services from comcast.

i'm mostly ranting about what seems to be a stupid and unfair policy. if i have xFi, and the box is available, i should be able to get it if i want it.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The flex is totally different programming available vs x1 programming, that’s why they don’t mix. It’s all account related

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i understand that, but if i have a new additional tv, and don't want to use an xfinity box on it, i still don't understand why i couldn't put a flex box on it, if i have xFi. i understand that it's mostly (if not completely) a business decision, but it doesn't really make sense. maybe somebody at customer service will read this, but i'm sure it won't go anywhere.