Community Forum

ending contract due to COVID-19

Highlighted
New Poster

ending contract due to COVID-19

I have not worked since March due to COVID-19 and now I'm looking at breaking me lease and moving in with my cousin up in Royal Palm Beach. If I do this I will have to discontinue my services with Xfinity. I might have no choice but to do this due to the COVID-19. Will I get penalized for this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: ending contract due to COVID-19

@designsbyocean wrote:

I have not worked since March due to COVID-19 and now I'm looking at breaking me lease and moving in with my cousin up in Royal Palm Beach. If I do this I will have to discontinue my services with Xfinity. I might have no choice but to do this due to the COVID-19. Will I get penalized for this?

If you are in a contract and you cancel before the contract is up you will have to pay an early termination fee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: ending contract due to COVID-19

Hi designsbyocean. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums. I can assist with reviewing your account and your disconnection options. I am here to help you any way I can. If you would like assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address so I can access your account. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!