Community Forum

Xfinity Home Portal Demise

Silver_Surfer
Contributor

Xfinity Home Portal Demise

Not happy.

I use the Xfinity Home Portal on the desktop computer to monitor my vacant house.

Having the big screen is very nice.  Don't have a smart phone.

What am I supposed to do when the Home Portal goes away next month?

Not happy.

ComcastAmir
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home Portal Demise

Hi Silver_Surfer, have you tried using our Xfinity Home app on your phone or any other portable device? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver_Surfer
Contributor

Don't have a phone or other portable device.  Just my desktop PC.

ComcastAmir
Official Employee

OK, if you'd like to continue to use the portal I am sure your access won't be removed we're just putting more functionality in the app itself but as a back up you will still have the option to manage your home security services online. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver_Surfer
Contributor

If I still have access to the portal I will be a happy customer.  Thank you.

ComcastBillie
Official Employee

You are very welcome! If you still have questions or concerns we are here to assist you. I hope you have a great rest of your day and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.