Community Forum

Why am I forced to bundle?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why am I forced to bundle?

I’m trying to help my parents change their Xfinity service. They currently are paying for the tv, phone, and internet bundle and have been 20-year customers. Now that all the kids are out of the house, they have no need for cable tv and just want internet service. They also haven’t had a landline in years so they’re paying for stuff they don’t need or want anymore. I live in the same zip code as my parents and I’m able to get internet only plans, however it’s saying internet only plans aren’t available in their area. They are forced to pay for the bundle or switch to Fios which they don’t want because they like Xfinity. Is there any possible way they could get the option to only pay for internet?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why am I forced to bundle?

@dereknungesser wrote:
I’m trying to help my parents change their Xfinity service. They currently are paying for the tv, phone, and internet bundle and have been 20-year customers. Now that all the kids are out of the house, they have no need for cable tv and just want internet service. They also haven’t had a landline in years so they’re paying for stuff they don’t need or want anymore. I live in the same zip code as my parents and I’m able to get internet only plans, however it’s saying internet only plans aren’t available in their area. They are forced to pay for the bundle or switch to Fios which they don’t want because they like Xfinity. Is there any possible way they could get the option to only pay for internet?

Have your parents authorized/approved you to make changes on their account?  Not just saying yes to you, but calling in and having you added to be able to do that?  If not there's nothing here we can do for you because you're not authorized to make changes on their account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!