Community Forum

Upgrade To XFi Complete?

daveyj27
Frequent Visitor

Upgrade To XFi Complete?

I've had no replies to another (similar) thread that I created over a week ago, and so i'm truly hoping that someone can help.

My household all works from home now, with lots of video calls, and looking back at our data usage will go over the new data cap significantly every single month. I did the math, and the overage charges could be as much as $130 per month, and that's not sustainable.

I've tried using the website, the chatbot, i've tried calling (was never able to speak with a live person), and i've tried this forum, but have had no replies or answers.

I tried the link that allows users to add unlimited data to their account for $30/month...nope, link directs to a page that states that the offer is not available.

So, what about upgrading to XFi Complete?

I see that will give me unlimited data, I already have an XFi gateway, and the webpage for that option seems to work.

I've got a question though;

If I go ahead and upgrade to XFi Complete via that order form, do I have to do anything with my hardware or settings? Will I temporarily lose internet, or is it literally just an account upgrade and I won't skip a beat with us being able to work?

Someone PLEASE help, because the additional pressure of knowing that we won't be able to afford the overage costs but we have to work from home and use the data is pretty rough right now. I'm not even looking to have a price drop or fees waived or anything, I just need to get unlimited data added asap but I and SO many others are having difficulty in doing that.

Please reply.

Thank you.

daveyj27
Frequent Visitor

Re: Upgrade To XFi Complete?

For God's sake, is there any help for us here or is the plan to force us into data overage charges because we cannot get signed up to unlimited data proactively??

We're trying to do the right thing and make the needed account changes that your new policy has put onto us, but there seems to be no way to get clear direction.

ComcastAmir
Official Employee

Hello daveyj27, thank you for taking the time out of your day to reach out regarding this concern. We can certainly get unlimited data added to your account today, with everyone working from home more adding this feature has become a necessity in most homes. To get the ball rolling please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
daveyj27
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ComcastAmir,

I messaged you as requested yesterday, but haven't had a reply yet.

I did get an automated email warning me that I was about to go over the 1Tb data cap though, which was awesome seeing as i've been trying to get into unlimited data (either by XFi Complete, or a new plan, or just adding unlimited data to my existing plan) for days.

Looking through these forums and seeing how many people are trying to do the right thing and adjust to the new cap policy but finding roadblock after roadblock is shocking.

ComcastAmir
Official Employee

Hello! I'd be happy to help you with adding unlimited data or Xfi-Complete. To better assist you could you please provide your full name and street address? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
daveyj27
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmir

Can't you just reply to the private message that I sent to you at your request yesterday that included the account details?
daveyj27
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmir 

Can you please reply to the private message that I sent to you, at your request, two days ago?

It's great that you've replied here with "I can help" (twice) but i'm seeing no follow through with it.

Would it be better for me to try to go to a store, or call??

daveyj27
Frequent Visitor

Is anyone able to help us???
daveyj27
Frequent Visitor

I imagine that it's probably easier to buy enriched uranium and a couple of "disappeared" MiG-29s on the Dark Web than it is to get simple service  questions answered by Comcast.

I cannot believe that I hand money to you every month, and i'm trying to give you even MORE.

ComcastAmir
Official Employee

replied to customer via PM