Community Forum

No boxes work - Impossible to get agent - Edited

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No boxes work - Impossible to get agent - Edited

Big storm happened a few days ago. None of my xfinity boxes work for TV. Cable works fine, just no boxes, in any room. Multiple, multiple calls to the phone number but impossible to get an agent on the line. It finally transfers and then says "goodbye". Comcast!?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: No boxes work - Impossible to get agent - Edited

@sugarcrum wrote:

Big storm happened a few days ago. None of my xfinity boxes work for TV. Cable works fine, just no boxes, in any room. Multiple, multiple calls to the phone number but impossible to get an agent on the line. It finally transfers and then says "goodbye". Comcast!?

how is your cable TV working if not one set top box is working? is there a line severed outside? is your internet working? error messages/error numbers?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: No boxes work - Impossible to get agent - Edited

HI, I suppose I was not clear, that was my fault. "Cable" should have been "Internet" (I have cable for internet). TV service was not working on any of the TV's because none of the boxes worked. Without any exaggeration, it took me well over 2 hours to finally speak with someone to get a service scheduled. And, the only way I was able to do that was by back channels. Once I was in contact with a tech she was very helpful (did not solve), passed me over to another tech, he was helpful also (did not solve), and had a scheduled visit within a few days, which he was able to solve. I have never had a problem with Comcast support once I finally am able to reach them, but having to spend so much frustration in an attempt to reach is not good. Their "automation" is broken when in hangs up on you right when it should be making a connection.