Dee421's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 28th, 2021 3:00 AM

Closed

Introductionn on home internet Data caps

Just noticed Comcast plans to put data caps on there users. Turning thier home internet market into what resembles the cell market. Sure you'll start off giving everyone 1.2 TB of data per month. We'll see what your monthly data models look like in a couple years when you use this as yet another tool to raise revenue. Not to mention you introduce this change in the middle of a global econmic crisis. I going to change my service provider. I like the technology that's bundle in Xfinity but I'm not supporting this foolishness.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

I hate to break it to you but data caps have been around for more than a decade. They’re just now being introduced to your area.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Cool. So it sounds like it's time to treat internet providers as public utility companies. Phone companies reached that status based in how critical they are to our public communications. Only makes sense that Comcast and other internet companies should fall into the same category. I know more people that use the internet then phone lines now a days. Either way I'll be changing my service provider. I'm just disappointed Comcast would pursue this effort in the middle of a pandemic.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here