Community Forum

Installation

Caiphas1971
New Poster

Installation

I recently tried to switch back to Xfinity on 02/10/2021 from Spectrum that i currently have in my house. i went outside and switched to the comcast drop into my house and when trying to connect my modem it failed. After an hour and a half of trying to resolve it with multiple phone techs. They have decided that i need someone to come out and do my installation for th wonderful fee of $100. I do not need anyone to come and connect my service. You need to come fix your drop to my house and how would I as a consumer be responsible for you to reconnect to my house? I would love to have service reconnected, but definetly not willing to pay you to come fix your problem. 

ComcastRayana
Official Employee

Re: Installation

Hello, @Caiphas1971! Thank you for signing back up for our services! I would be happy to assist you with the needed visit so we can get things working. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastRayana” and click “Send a message."

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Again
Expert

@Caiphas1971 wrote:

I recently tried to switch back to Xfinity on 02/10/2021 from Spectrum that i currently have in my house. i went outside and switched to the comcast drop into my house and when trying to connect my modem it failed. After an hour and a half of trying to resolve it with multiple phone techs. They have decided that i need someone to come out and do my installation for th wonderful fee of $100. I do not need anyone to come and connect my service. You need to come fix your drop to my house and how would I as a consumer be responsible for you to reconnect to my house? I would love to have service reconnected, but definetly not willing to pay you to come fix your problem. 

Are you sure you have Comcast access at your location?  Usually Comcast and Spectrum do not share locations or territories.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Caiphas1971
New Poster

I have 2 drops to my house. Front yard is Spectrum and Backyard is Comcast.