Community Forum

How to go about getting my equipment back?

Highlighted
New Poster

How to go about getting my equipment back?

I had moved into an apartment with a friend of mine after he had been living there for a month or 2 so my name isn't on the lease. While living there I agreed to get the internet service and have it in my name. After a month and a half to 2 months after moving in he kicked me out of the apartment and I'm not able to get in the building without a key fob but still have a key to the door. Anyway is there a way I can get my equipment back to me so I can use it without involving the legal system or send me new equipment please? Thank you everyone for taking the time to read and comment I really appreciate it.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to go about getting my equipment back?

@Sk8brder25 wrote:
I had moved into an apartment with a friend of mine after he had been living there for a month or 2 so my name isn't on the lease. While living there I agreed to get the internet service and have it in my name. After a month and a half to 2 months after moving in he kicked me out of the apartment and I'm not able to get in the building without a key fob but still have a key to the door. Anyway is there a way I can get my equipment back to me so I can use it without involving the legal system or send me new equipment please? Thank you everyone for taking the time to read and comment I really appreciate it.

Have you already canceled the service?  Unfortunately, if you were in a contract you'll probably have to pay an ETF unless you transfer the service.  Regarding the equipment, if you were renting it, you're financially responsible for it so you will somehow need to get it back. 

If your ex-roommate is still using your equipment, and or service, you need to get the account canceled.  The equipment should still be assigned to your account.  And, you may have to seek help from the local police department to get the equipment back [you can always call them to see if they can do that].

I'm sorry you're having to go through this.  Lesson learned the hard way.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!