Community Forum

How do I remove a reserved IP address from a disconnected device?

Highlighted
New Poster

How do I remove a reserved IP address from a disconnected device?

Hello,

I basically have the exact same question as was asked in this thread, which never got resolved.

Basically, I no longer have access to some of the devices which have a reserved IP address assigned to them, so I can no longer connect them to my Xfinitiy router to unassign those addresses. I really need to solve this problem, so help would be greatly appreciated. Really seems like comcast really messed up by not including a way to free up old reserved addresses.

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How do I remove a reserved IP address from a disconnected device?

I'm hoping that if nobody can help me with this, at the very least this can be escalated to someone who can fix this bug.

Highlighted
New Poster

Here is another case where somebody had the same issue. Their "solution" was to just throw the comcast hardware away and upgrade to something better.

Highlighted
New Poster

If somebody could tell me how to reset ALL my reserved IP addresses, that would be useful too.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @gotrees

Thanks for using the Xfinity Forums to get help removing a reserved IP address. I'd be happy to help! Please send me a private message including your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!