Community Forum

How do I get an XG1v4 Cable box ..

Regular Visitor

How do I get an XG1v4 Cable box ..

to attach to my new HiSense 4k TV. I currently have an XG2 DVR connected to the television which doesn't do the television justice. How do I arrange to swap out the current box connected to the HiSense (Serial #: PAK804755638) for an Xg1V4 box.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How do I get an XG1v4 Cable box ..

@marting0418 wrote:

to attach to my new HiSense 4k TV. I currently have an XG2 DVR connected to the television which doesn't do the television justice. How do I arrange to swap out the current box connected to the HiSense (Serial #: PAK804755638) for an Xg1V4 box.

the xg2 is a non-DVR companion set top box. if you do not have a DVR in the home then you have a cloud based DVR that streams recordings to the xg2. to have an xg1v4 actual DVR there weill probably be an upcharge of $10/month and you can swap out the xg2 at your local xfinity store (take just the xg2 and its power cord/brick. keep the coax, hdmi cable, and remote. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How do I get an XG1v4 Cable box ..

Greetings, @marting0418! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I certainly understand wanting to get the most out of your TV. I can certainly look into getting the XG1v4 sent out to you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!