lobbicus's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 25th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Hotspot and customer service

I am THIS close to switching to another Internet provider. My stepson is in treatment for an Internet addiction. I've tried MULTIPLE times via chat to get our hotspot disabled. Honestly, the outsourced chat agents seem to have absolutely no knowledge about anything. I was told 2 days ago that it would be turned off. Tonight I was told that there is no way to turn it off. Which is it? 

And then of course, there's no way to reach anyone by phone here in the US. Does anyone know how to actually get this hotspot turned off or to reach a live person? This is beyond ridiculous. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Good afternoon, lobbicus. Here is a link on how you can disable your hotspot: https://comca.st/36MNjmo. Keep in mind that there could also be a nearby hotspot broadcasting, other than the one coming from your device. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, and I apologize for the delay in my response. Somehow, I missed your reply.

I had long ago disabled the hotspot in my account. I doubt that the signal from a neighbor could be that strong. We're in townhomes.  I've had to use extenders to get our own wifi to work well throughout the house. The hotspot is displayed right below our secure network. 

I've contacted live chat about 4-5 times. One guy said that he turned it off for me, which of course, he did not. Another told me that it was impossible to turn it off. Another told me I could turn it off by signing into the router (which I’ve already tried). Each time that I continued to press for resolution, wouldn’t you know it...I was disconnected from the chat.

Is there any way to tell if the hotspot is your own or one that is nearby? 

Thank you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here