Community Forum

Error when trying to add unlimited data using own modem

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Error when trying to add unlimited data using own modem

I am needing to add the $30 unlimited data option to my plan but the webpage says it's temporarily unavailable.

https://www.xfinity.com/error/buy/sorry?errorCode=DFPLN4000

Temporarily unavailable

The product you’re interested in isn’t available for purchase at this time.

Get updates about Xfinity Home, Xfinity Cameras, and 24/7 Video Recording.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Error when trying to add unlimited data using own modem

@blink5 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @blink5! Thanks for using the Xfinity Forums to get help with adding Unlimted Data to your plan. I'd be happy to help get this taken care of. To get started, please send me a private message with your first and last name and the street numbers associated with your address. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @ComcastChe ,

I sent a PM and haven't received any response.  Is there someone else that can help with this before the billing cycle completes?

Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

@blink5 wrote:

Hello @ComcastChe ,

I sent a PM and haven't received any response.  Is there someone else that can help with this before the billing cycle completes?

Thanks

FWIW, blink, data isn't recorded from billing cycle to billing cycle, it is recorded from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month.  So, whenever you sign up for it, it won't start until November 1st.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Again wrote: ... whenever you sign up for it, it won't start until November 1st.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/exp-unlimited-data says:

Enrollment goes into effect immediately upon signing up for the Unlimited Data option and applies to the entire month in which you sign up.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @blink5

Thanks for following up on this. Sorry, we missed your message. I'll check for you PM and reply momentarily. Chat with you soon! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.