Community Forum

Does upgrade to xfi complete come with new gateway equipment?

tplukas
New Poster

Does upgrade to xfi complete come with new gateway equipment?

I'm a recent xfinity internet customer and I'm renting the equipment.  After 1+ month of service, determined the unlimited data plan was needed.  I upgraded to xfi complete.  For some reason I thought the it required new gateway equipment. SO, my simple question is will comcast be sending me replacement equipment or do I continue using what I have?

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Does upgrade to xfi complete come with new gateway equipment?

Hard to say yes or no because you didn’t say wha model you presently have

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
ComcastMorgan
Official Employee

Good afternoon, tplukas. Thanks for posting your question here in the community! The answer to it does depend on which model of modem you're currently using. A lot of times our customers are already leasing modems that are xFi capable, where a modem swap isn't required. Here is a great link you can use to compare with the model of your current modem in order to determine if it has xFi capabilities or not: https://comca.st/2N8eel3. Let us know what additional questions you have! We can also help with a modem swap if needed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
tplukas
New Poster

My current model is CISCO DPC3941T.