Community Forum

Create account to pay mom's bill

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Create account to pay mom's bill

I am taking over paying my mom's bills. I thought I had set up Xfinity to be paid automatically, but she has received a bill. I'd like to create an account so that I can monitor what is going on. When I enter her SSN, birthdate, and phone number, I get an error message. Thoughts?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Create account to pay mom's bill

Did you try logging in with your mom’s username and password

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If she had one, that would have been a good plan. I wanted to create one. It's not possible, and the sales associate I eventually spoke with could only suggest making a payment. Unfortunately, the only method he could accept was her debit card number. I can get that and pay.

Highlighted
Expert

If she got a bill she has an account and an account number.  You cannot set up an account to pay her bill, you have to use her already established account.

Also, unless she has previously authorized you to handle her account, a CSR cannot discuss details about it, so you would have to get her to authorize you to deal with her account when talking with anyone.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

There's a few ways to go about this:

1. If she's enrolled in automatic payments, she has an Xfinity ID already. Go to www.xfinity.com/id and check to see if you can find your mother's account (this is the check the ID flow, not the create ID flow).
  2. If you find her credentials, you can use her credentials to invite yourself as a Manager to create your own Xfinity ID here: https://customer.xfinity.com/users/add-user or if you already have Comcast services on your own account, you'll be linked so you can easily switch between her account and your account. That way you'll have your own sign-in credentials where you can pay her account.
  3. If you still can't get in, you can always set up a calendar alert or reminder for yourself when her bill cycle comes around and pay without signing in here: https://customer.xfinity.com/lite 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes--she has an account with Xfinity and I am authorized to talk with Xfinity about her account.  I meant that I'd like to be able to view it online so that I can make payments. She never quite merged onto the information highway.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Jonathan, thanks for your reply. When I attempt any of these, and enter her address, I get an error message that says "We don't recognize that address." I am not logged into my own account.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Audrey_Bennett  can you type in her account number? When you're typing in her address, use the type-ahead dropdown to select the address, at times it may be slightly different (e.g. "unit" vs "apt"). 

PM me and we can take a look at the address to confirm it's being typed correctly.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.