Community Forum

Cable box won't turn on

Highlighted
New Poster

Cable box won't turn on

The xfinity chat was infuriating. My cable box won't turn on. I tried troubleshooting but it says a signal can not be reached. I unplugged and plugged the cable box and tv and still the troubleshooting says a signal can not be reached. 

Please help. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cable box won't turn on

Any lights? Are you sure it’s getting power? On the proper tv input?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

There are no lights on the cable box. 

I unplugged and re-plugged the cable box back in. 

The cable box is connected to the television. The television works with netflix and amazon, but the cable is not working. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I had the same problem this morning. I used the Xfinity app to send a refresh signal to the box. It took about 15 minutes to refresh, but it's working now. The light on the box was off, but I could hear that it was on. Fingers crossed it stays ok. 
it does seem like the entire system is having issues with lots of folks reporting issues with various parts of the services. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I tried restarting with the app, it didn’t work. I still have a cable box with no lights. Can Comcast send me a new box? This new method of using community forum customer service is horrible. It has taken over a day and still no one from Customer Service has addressed the issue. Please help Comcast!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@pillsahatjian wrote: ... My cable box won't turn on. ...

What is the box model number? Do you know if it is an X1 box or a legacy box? Some legacy boxes "play dead" if they are not receiving a signal from Comcast.

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cable-box-user-manuals

and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have a X1 Non-DVR HDMI Only
Pace Xi3
Model: PX032ANI

How is the best way to get a new cable box? Should I take this current cable box to the Comcast store to ask for a new one? I don’t see a number to call Comcast to request support.