Community Forum

Attempting to add Unlimited Data gives "Temporarily Unavailable" Error

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Attempting to add Unlimited Data gives "Temporarily Unavailable" Error

I'm going to the http://xfinity.com/buy/plan/checkout/XFINUDAT link that's included in the "Can I Get Unlimited Data?" article, and it gives an error that the product I'm interested in is temporarily unavailable. (xFi Complete has hardware comitments I'm not ready to make)

Other posts have suggested getting in contact with the XFinity chat, so I tried the 'Chat with XFinity' option to use the automated XFinity Asssistant with no luck, and I'm not seeing any other chat options. 

Some older posts have suggested directly messaging Comcast Representatives, but most of those are followed up with comments from others that it's not the right way to get ahold of them and was causing an unnecesary backlog.

I'm looking for any other suggestions on how I can go about getting Unlimited Data added now.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Attempting to add Unlimited Data gives "Temporarily Unavailable" Error

@thelownage 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @thelownage, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. We appreciate you being a customer with us and for your interest in adding unlimited data. I do apologize for the troubles you have experienced thus far with trying to get it added. I would love to assist you with adding unlimited data to your account and being of any other assistance needed as well. 

Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I sent the private message around 1-2 hours after it was requested. Is there anything else I should be doing to help speed up the process?
Highlighted
Official Employee

@thelownage, I have responded to your private message and look forward to hearing back from you! Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.