Community Forum

Address Unserviceable - Rural Location

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Address Unserviceable - Rural Location

I have been trying to get service installed at a new house which is situated about 800' from the road where the Comcast drop is.  We have a building out by the road which has had service before which I could have Internet installed at and then run airFiber or long distance AP from there back to my house, but I would much rather get full service including tv, internet, and voip at the house.  There is direct LOS back to the house as the utility poles are run back here and DSL is currently running back here.  A tech came out and said they could run the line back here, but when we call customer service they say it is unserviceable.  I have also talked with another tech in the area who said they don't have a survey team but he would go back and talk to his supervisor and construction team to see if they will come run it.  Can I get some assistance from an official employee to help me investigate this further?  Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Address Unserviceable - Rural Location

@Scubaboy86 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Address Unserviceable - Rural Location

Hello, Scubaboy86! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us about getting service to your new home. In general, if a home is more than 300ft away from the nearest tap, we aren't able to service it. However, I'm excited to hear you are interested in our services and would love to check and see for sure if you are or are not serviceable. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!