Community Forum

Xfinity Service Outage in Katy, TX

echang2021
New Poster

Xfinity Service Outage in Katy, TX

We encountered Xfinity service outage for more than 24 hours at my community in Katy, TX. How do I get refund credits for NO service? 

ComcastThomasF
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Service Outage in Katy, TX

Hello and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! I hope you have not been impacted by the recent weather in TX and are staying safe. I would happy to get you a credit for your lose of service. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I may further assist you? To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastThomasF" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
aime_haro12
New Poster

I also live in katy, tx and had no power for 3 days. However i do not see a send message option after i click your name?
TKeith
New Poster

Internet and cable have been out in Katy since Tuesday. I am unable to get an ETA on when services will be restored.  The only response is that it is weather related.

Two questions....

WHEN can we expect services to be restored??

Will you be providing customers with a credit on our bill for the lack of service?

Thank yu for your response.

TKeith

ComcastAmira
Official Employee

Hello @aime_haro12, thanks for reaching out on our Forums page about the interruption you experienced. I hope you and your family are safe and keeping warm as much as possible. We definitely want to get a credit applied to your account for the downtime you experienced. In order to send us a private message, you must first create a public post. Now that you have done so, please try again and let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
ComcastAmira
Official Employee

Hello @TKeith, we appreciate you reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. I hope you and your family are also safe and keeping warm. We do understand how important it is to have your services working at this time and my team would be more than happy to see if there is an estimated end time for this service interruption. Once your services are back up and running, we would be more than happy to get a credit applied to your account for the service downtime you experienced. 

In order for me to further look into this, please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

Rturner22131
Frequent Visitor

I too am in Katy Tx Ive no service since Sunday evening. There have been no updates etc from Comcast beyond “a service outage has been reported in your area”. Actual truthful updates and an ETA on restoration of services would be greatly appreciated.