Bobku15's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 21st, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

What to do when Comcast cancels school for you as a teacher?

So this is part rant, but part question...

I teach in a public high school to about 200 kids a day.  Getting everything ready and going to start up the virtual classroom for the first period of the day, I found that my internet was responding.  Pages simply timed out.  No redirects or pay walls or warnings or anything, just unable to connect.  Worked through the normal troubleshooting issues of resetting modem and what not resulted in nothing.  It wasn't until much later, that the issue was finally discovered... There was a technical issue with a payment (scheduled payment disappeared).  Again, no pay wall, no capture garden, nothing told me this was going on, until I finally managed to get a hold of someone.  Resubmitted the payment, everything back to normal... The worst part is that it turns out, I'm not the first teacher to have to have this happen this week in my district.

So here's the question, how do can this be solved because right now I can't tell the students, parents, princiapal or superintendent that this won't happen again, or to someone else, because it was Comcast's decision to shut off the internet.  Is there nothing else Comcast can do in these situations.   I understand you don't pay your bill, you get turned off... That wasn't even the case here, but assuming it was... Let's say I was a month late... Couldn't all of my other services be turned off first, maybe my bandwidth throttled, or a walled garden telling me this needs to be dealt with NOW, but you're at least going to be online for a day or two so you can call us and resolve it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Please understand... This was not intended to just be a rant about Comcast.  This was intended to be a chance to come up with a solution in the community and hopefully involving someone at Comcast in a low key way.  This is a terrible time to just have more negative news stories and I personally don't want to be associated with a story like that.  I would love to be a part of a story where we had a problem and came together and came up with a solution for everyone!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here