paganmetalfan's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Starting February 10, 2021, your account will be switched to paperless billing...

I received this email about being switched to paperless billing, what if I want to continue to receive a paper bill in the mail?  Email says to chat with agent to continue to receive it but the "assistant" doesnt understand what I am trying to say, is paper billing going away or can I continue to receive a paper bill?

Note for Comast: You know that there is still people who want to pay by check, especally if (as in my case) have someone in their household that must report expenses to the government, in which sending copies of checks is the most convient way for me to do this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@paganmetalfan wrote:

Ugh...  I guess they found another way to inconvience the customer (twice in one year), first it was the removal of Norton antivirus and now this!  Wow Comcast.

Hey @Again thanks for the help, I realise you dont make corprate decsions such as this, but things like this during a pandemic where people are struggling just hurts.

I just made an inquiry and it seems that after February 15th if you still want paper bills you can update your preferences in My Account.  Good news, huh?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@paganmetalfan wrote:

I received this email about being switched to paperless billing, what if I want to continue to receive a paper bill in the mail?  Email says to chat with agent to continue to receive it but the "assistant" doesnt understand what I am trying to say, is paper billing going away or can I continue to receive a paper bill?

Note for Comast: You know that there is still people who want to pay by check, especally if (as in my case) have someone in their hosehold that must report expenses to the government, in which sending copies of checks is the most convient way for me to do this.

You're still getting your billing statement, just online under My Account; a copy of your paper bill has always been available online in PDF form.  You can still send in your check as you always have.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

What does this mean?  Ill have to print the statement and send the payment in regular envolopes instead of having one come in the mail?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@paganmetalfan wrote:

What does this mean?  Ill have to print the statement and send the payment in regular envolopes instead of having one come in the mail?

If you want to continue to send checks, apparently so.  Sorry.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Ugh...  I guess they found another way to inconvience the customer (twice in one year), first it was the removal of Norton antivirus and now this!  Wow Comcast.

Hey @Again thanks for the help, I realise you dont make corprate decsions such as this, but things like this during a pandemic where people are struggling just hurts.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Good news indeed! Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Good news would be Comcast treating their customers with respect!  Don't send an ignorant email that gets people upset.  I'm sure there are some customers happy with electronic biling or automatic payments. They should be able to choose.  DON'T make me have to opt-out of something!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your feedback @tjj1956! I hear your concern about waiting to opt-out. We will send you additional reminders as we get closer to Feb. 15, 2021, so that you stay informed about this change. If you’d still like to go back to a paper bill in February, you can easily change your preferences using My Account or on your X1 device. Would you like me to send you instructions on how to do that? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

With all due respect to Xfinity, I'm no tech networking wizard, but I did work in tech support for over a decade. During that time, I never found the occasion where we had to change our customers chosen setting to a pre-determined default setting, such as Xfinity is doing changing the paperless billing setting to default, during a system update or upgrade. Not to say that situation can't exist, it likely can. But in my humble opinion this upgrade is simply a ruse to force every existing customer into paperless billing. I mean seriously, your updated/upgraded will keep any and all personal preference settings in our accounts, except the paperless billing setting??? Really Xfinity??? "Can't" or "won't" do this upgrade without changing personal account settings?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here