Community Forum

Price increase inquiry / ZERO live customer support.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Price increase inquiry / ZERO live customer support.

Once again (actually, annually for the past 15 years), I'm faced with deciding whether to continue my Xfinity TV / Internet service, or moving to another provider. The annual price increases are never ending, despite the fact that my service package never changes. This month, my monthly service increased $23 plus taxes, due to the expiration of whatever promotional pricing I was previously given. Unfortunately, there is no longer any possible way to reach a live person to discuss this with. 

I have no complaints at all about either service; however, the continued price gouging is reaching a personally unacceptable level.

Can anyone suggest a way to contact Xfinity directly about this?

AT&T is currently laying fiber-optic cable in my neighborhood. If I receive no substantive reponse from Xfinity, and if ATT's pricing is reasonably competetive, I'll be switching as soon as their service is available.

Thanks, Dave

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Price increase inquiry / ZERO live customer support.

Same problem here.  Want to offest the increase by reducing some of the services, but that doesn't seem to be an option.  Yelling at the endless robo customer service loop is not productive.  Internet choices are no better--you caqna only add, not subtract.  Still looking.  That option is hiding somewhere.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The option is not hiding.  There are no options to Comcast "Triple-Theft":

(1)  Terrible programming,

(2)  Terrible equipment,

(3)  Terrible pricing.

This is what a virtual monopoly gets you.....nothing better than a bucket of warm spit.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

After doing my own legwork, I actually succeeded in reducing my bill, with no direct assistance from Xfinity I might add.

I logged into my account, clicked on "View My Offers' (or whatever the link was), and up pops plan choices and pricing. I clicked through on the exact same TV and Internet services that I currently have, and found that with a little finessing, I was able to cut my total monthly bill by approximately $20. The new plan defaulted to including StreamPix as a separate charge. That service was free under my current plan, but I don't even know what StreamPix is.  I certainly have never used it, so I unclicked that option. Net-net, I gave up StreamPix, gave up my free rental of my first cable box (I have two), got DVR capabilities added, and cut my after-tax bill by $20, with NO CONTRACT!

Give it a try. You may find similar savings.