Community Forum

Need to speak with someone and can't get a live person:-(

IC11
New Poster

Need to speak with someone and can't get a live person:-(

When/why did comcast remove the option to speak with a real person?

I need to speak with someone about the increase on my bill and can't get through.

Very very frustrated!!!

newcustomer219
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need to speak with someone and can't get a live person:-(

Very poor customer service.when you do finally get to to to a real person , they do notspeake fluent English and your back to square one
ComcastMichele
Official Employee

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your billing concerns. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your home and we want to do all that we can to assist. We always have offers and options, available for our current customers I would love to get you set up with an account review. Can you please reach out through private message (find out how to do so with this link https://comca.st/3tojT6Z)
with your first and last name, name on the account if different, service address and account number? If you’re having trouble locating this information, you can also reference our world-class MyAccount app to view all of your account details by the simple touch of your fingertips! Please follow the process here to learn how to obtain that information: https://comca.st/39OUHOW;

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
drogers1609
Regular Visitor

When you call simply don’t choose an option after giving your address or identifying data needed for help. After the 3rd l “l didnt’ get that” you’ll, hopefully be transferred to a live agent. The bots are useless, waste your time and feed any growing consternation over your problem making it harder to politely discuss your problem once you reach someone after hours of deadends. These brick walls (ie bots and fictional call backs,) which seem, but let’s hope aren’t, intentionally placed to encourage clients to forget their problem and give in, do nothing to foster good will with management and policy. They are anything BUT customer friendly, focused rather on the bottom line for X.
M556
New Poster

You are not alone . I have been doing online chat and I keep asking for live person and an agent comes on . Except with getting to bottom of having my billing inquiry answered it is eternity waiting for my answer . I do not have much luck over the phone talking to a rep either . I keep saying I would cut my cable and get rid of xfinity .
drogers1609
Regular Visitor

Ok, ComcastMichelle - wake up call - 1. YOU call the 877 #. Go through YOURSELF the steps (hoops) for help. Don’t choose a simple issue you need to deal with a bot for 30 minutes before finding out the bot is useless. Your 1-10 promised call backs to your many times verified phone number never came. “We’ll call you back in 11-14 minutes”, ROFLMAO. No Virginia there is no callback, never was never gonna be.
Bot says let me connect you to someone who can help. Yeah at last !! Except the agent who has studied very hard to learn English can’t deliver his great accomplishment. I get so dismayed that companies put these people in position to represent them for various reasons:
1. You put the responsibility of customer service off onto foreigners who truly want to help after learning the language, however their accents can be so detrimental they could have saved the trouble.
2. Obviously, you put us off on foreigners who aren’t speaking any language we can understand because you have no interest in helping resolve our issues yet you can crow about providing jobs to impoverished countries.
You do these agents a great mid service leaving your undesired callers with them. They are eager to help and probably have the tech knowledge of only we could understand any words past “ hi, l am Bob”.
So you gently tell them you appreciate their offer but you have no idea what they said and can you speak to someone else. .*repeat*
*repeat*
So after an hour and more you have no answers.
You come to the account page again. Scan for a new menu item for help. None of the old choices helped. You’ve tried them so many times in exasperation.
So you read that nice young mans note get a glimmer of hope. You can put your issue in the box he indicates and someone from his office will call you within 24 hours!!!!
But it doesn’t happen. You get a heavy call load message, gonna take longer. Long enough for a disconnect due to charges wrongly placed on your account. You have auto pay through your bank but special charges for services you never
Requested prompted a red balance due note on the screen.
You have spent hours trying to get help. Hours.
You got no help. What’s left to do? Comcast moved out of your city, there no location to visit for help.
What to do ?
You change to DISH or DIRECT or UNCKE BUDS TV SERVICE and celebrate never having to deal with this company again.
That’s what I’m doing come Monday
drogers1609
Regular Visitor

Let’s do just that! Come Monday l will have another service.
drogers1609
Regular Visitor

Let’s dump Comcast. Clearly they have no interest in keeping current customers satisfied.
A business that values its patronage responds to them. Comcast puts up barriers indicating they aren’t interested in keeping us.