Community Forum

Early termination fee due to move because of COVID

Tackman75
New Poster

Early termination fee due to move because of COVID

I am having to relocate for work due to COVID.  The area I am moving to does not offer xfinity. You would think the Southern California area would have xfinity, they don't. So because I have to move due to COVID so I can work, I have to pay an ETF.  Talk about bad business practice. The lady I talked to was super nice and this is not her fault, but the company's fault. I have been a loyal customer for many years. Never again weather they offer service or not and I will make sure to let everyone I know how dissatisfied I was.  

ComcastJosephB
Official Employee

Re: Early termination fee due to move because of COVID

Hi, there, @Tackman75. I hope overall your week is off to a good start. I completely understand where you are coming from. Even though I am an employee, I'm a customer too! Having to move and pay to close an account isn't the most satisfying thing to have to go through. I wish we served your location in southern California. It will be sad losing you as a valued customer.  Closing the account while under contract will always cause a fee but I like to get as many details as possible. Do you know off the top of your head about how much the ETF fee will be?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Tackman75
New Poster

My understanding is $150. Either way it's unacceptable and a bad business practice.  

ComcastRayana
Official Employee

I understand and want to help in any way that I can. Your loyalty with us means a lot and though you have to leave us we will always consider you family! May I please have your first and last name? I want to look at the account and see what I can do. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Tackman75
New Poster

I will be glad to call to discuss. 

ComcastJosephB
Official Employee

We are to help in as many ways as possible. Feel free to call or send us a private message anytime for support. We just need your name and service address to verify the account using forums. I can always double-check the fee and explore all possibilities to help with the bill. If you sign into https://comca.st/3tZJNhD, go to My Account, and then Settings. From here you can review your service agreement. This link can help, https://comca.st/37oq7dE. Hopefully, we will get a PM from you!

Tackman75
New Poster

I was talking to someone through messenger and they disappeared......

ComcastMichele
Official Employee

I am so very sorry to hear that you had this experience. We would love to assist you further. I know how frustrating surprise bills can be. Can you please reach out through private message (find out how to do so with this link https://comca.st/3bfe6bo) with your first and last name, name on the account if different and the service address? 

Again
Expert

@Tackman75 wrote:

I am having to relocate for work due to COVID.  The area I am moving to does not offer xfinity. You would think the Southern California area would have xfinity, they don't. So because I have to move due to COVID so I can work, I have to pay an ETF.  Talk about bad business practice. The lady I talked to was super nice and this is not her fault, but the company's fault. I have been a loyal customer for many years. Never again weather they offer service or not and I will make sure to let everyone I know how dissatisfied I was.  

If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).

•    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
  •    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
  •    If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
  •    If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
  •    If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
  •    If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.