Bn2876x1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, December 28th, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

Broadcast TV fee raised AGAIN!!!

Just saw included with the last month's statement a notification page with some general price/fee increases that will be effective on Jan 1st 2020... Modem fee raised another dollar, not surprised. Internet fees going up three dollars, hmm.

But OMG!!! The Broadcast TV fee is being almost DOUBLED (from $6.75) and will be $12.40 a month!!!

What is going on here at Comcast?!? This is absolutely ridiculous!

Something needs to be changed about this constant increasing of this (what I believe is a "bogus") fee! This is very frustrating to see being charged by Comcast.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The problem with the "it a federal rule" excuse is that Comcast does NOT provide data on the fees they pay to air local programs.  I checked with the Oregon public utilities commission and found that the fees paid by Comcast did NOT increase this year.  Nonetheless, the fee Comcast charges me increased by about 50%.  That's not a "cost pass-through" or a "federal rule."  That's just Comcast ripping off customers.

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

omg this is so true and it is not jsut comcast its all providers  verizon direct tv etc. the  the OTT providers do not have to charge these fees so it seems less but in th elong run you still need to have  internet and pay seperatley for each ott provider which in some cases is more expensive.  there is no servic ecenters for OTT providers no 24/7 support alot of times you get what you pay for. its a good quality serivce and it is worth every dime i pay

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

this  is useful info off of comcast facts website   

Frequently Asked Questions

How do network fees work?
We pay networks, local TV station owners and others for the ability to deliver their channels and shows to you. The fees vary based on factors such as the type of content, the popularity of the network and the demand for its content. When a contract expires, we renegotiate with the goal of continuing to carry the channel at a reasonable price.
Why do blackouts happen?
Programmers who demand excessive fees can take away Comcast’s ability to air their channels and shows if a fair agreement cannot be reached prior to the contract expiration date. The result is a network or channel blackout. We realize that losing channels is an inconvenience for you and we work hard to prevent that from happening.
Could my bill be affected by programming fee increases?
Yes. Programming is the number one cost for all video providers, not just Comcast. Programming costs for TV providers have increased more than 30% since 2012, according to third party researcher SNL Kagan. We work hard to limit the impact of this on our customers’ bills, averaging less than a 4% increase per year. We are committed to providing the best programming at the best possible value.
Why shouldn’t I just switch to another provider so I can watch my shows?
Losing channels is a possibility with any TV provider. All television providers must engage in these negotiations from time to time. We are committed to providing you with the best entertainment at the best value. We work to resolve any interruptions as quickly as possible.

Contributor

• 

215 Messages

4 years ago

The thing that gets me is that the channels with this fee for are typically part of your channel lineup on pretty much every 'package' offered. So they're charging you TWICE for these channels. 

Our bill went up from $139 and change last month to $186 and change this month. Albeit we weren't on a "deal", which apparently they don't want to give to established customers as trying at the local Xfinity 'store' got me nowhere and I guess corporate told the sales reps working at Walmart they can't do anything for current customers anymore either.

So I guess tonight i get to waste an hour or more talking to somebody from the company to see about either paring back what we receive or seeing if they can actually offer a 'deal', which to me is a NON deal most times by the time you add in all the various fees. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

that why i don't get cable their's all kinds of stream apps that provide you the same channels for alot cheaper and some free

Contributor

• 

215 Messages

4 years ago

@tylerwebb89 wrote:

that why i don't get cable their's all kinds of stream apps that provide you the same channels for alot cheaper and some free

Problem is my family isn't tech savvy. If it were up to me we would've been internet only a while ago.  But since my family would likely struggle with having to search for stuff they wanted via streaming we're stuck for now. Otherwise I would've just used this company for internet (since our only other options are the phone company and some satellite provider here) and used other providers for TV and phone.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly what I was thinking! HOW can they just randomly increase!? I got a $14/mo. increase in my Disability pay this year but Comcast ate that right up and THEN some! It's not fair! I'm disgusted!!😤😡😤😡😤😡

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

You're lucky! Mine's now $14.95 (in Virginia, March 2020). Grrrrr! So fed UP!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

That's another thing....BURNS ME UP that I'm FORCED to pay for something ( Regional sports), that I Never, EVER,
***E-V-E-R***
watch!!??? It's crazy!! It's WRONG!!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here