Community Forum

Billing too high

New Poster

Billing too high

My comcast bill recently increased and so I've compared offerings in my area. I already have streaming services and have learned Starry offers $38/month internet. Is there anything Comcast can do to reduce my monthly bill (Starry is not requiring contract so not going to sign a multi-year contract)?


If not I will be forced to consider a competitor who is offering much better pricing and similar 200MB/S download speeds.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Billing too high

I understand where you are coming from on this post.  The chart below shows the percentages on my plan.  The plan cost and service to other TV's in the house represents 74.2% of the total bill.  The remaining 25.8% (yes, you read that correctly as 25.8%!) are the monthly taxes and fees.


And I don't really spend a whole lot of time watching the mostly "garbage" content.  It's primarily for the children in the house.  Unbelievable, isn't it?

Sample of plan cost

Xfinity Package   
Standard + More 129.9961.06%
Service to additional TV   27.9613.13%
Equipment & services   
TV Box and Remote 5.002.35%
Modem Rental 14.006.58%
Broadcast TV fee 11.805.54%
Regional Sports Fee 8.754.11%
Federal Universal Service Fund  1.49 0.7%
Regulatory Cost Recovery  3.42 1.61%
Franchise Fee 5.932.79%
Sales tax 2.891.36%
911 Fees 1.650.78%
 Charges & Fees 54.93 25.8%
Official Employee

Re: Billing too high

Hello lalperin1. I can assist with reviewing your account and the offers available to help lower your rate. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name and service address so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!