Community Forum

Bill increased by $20 for "change of services," no services changed

Highlighted
Contributor

Bill increased by $20 for "change of services," no services changed

Just looked at my latest Xfinity bill and I see a $20 increase, from $109.99 to $129.99, for the X1 preferred double play package. It says the increase was for "a change in services."

The thing is, no services have been changed, at all. And I'm on a promotional rate but it doesn't expire until 10/23/21.

I'd appreciate some of the Comcast "bots" chiming in here about what's going on, because I'm really leaning toward, when this promotional rate expires next year, ditching cable and going 100% streaming if the price keeps escalating as it is. 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Bill increased by $20 for "change of services," no services changed

@PRW wrote:

Just looked at my latest Xfinity bill and I see a $20 increase, from $109.99 to $129.99, for the X1 preferred double play package. It says the increase was for "a change in services."

The thing is, no services have been changed, at all. And I'm on a promotional rate but it doesn't expire until 10/23/21.

I'd appreciate some of the Comcast "bots" chiming in here about what's going on, because I'm really leaning toward, when this promotional rate expires next year, ditching cable and going 100% streaming if the price keeps escalating as it is. 

Is it possible that you've reached 1 year of a 2 year contract?  You might look at the text of your contract to see if it increases at a certain point.  Mine did, at the 1 year point of a 2 year contract.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Contributor

Looked online and I can't even FIND the contract.

Again, I would appreciate one of the Comcast reps chiming in on this. 

Highlighted
Expert

@PRW wrote:

Looked online and I can't even FIND the contract.

Again, I would appreciate one of the Comcast reps chiming in on this. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, PRW. Good afternoon. There has to be a reason for the increase, rest assured this is definitely something I can help with and look into! Please send me a PM with your first and last name and I will be glad to help from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.  

Thanks! Talk to you soon.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!