Community Forum

Automatically set for Paperless bill

jjosd
Regular Visitor

Automatically set for Paperless bill

While the communication for changing me to paperless billing OK, it feels like a bit unsettling as a long term customer. If I was a new customer, I would save $120(over 1 yr) for accepting paperless billing as well as signing up for Ecobill. Now I'm being automatically enrolled in paperless, against my ability to say no. I have found no way to save the $10/month for Ecobill signup, and now I'm forced to change something back to getting paper bills, after some date in the future, which I'm sure will mess with my billing invoices sent VIA mail. It is much more convent for me to get it in the mail, especially if Comcast its not providing any incentive to change, they actually are, but it appears only for new customers. How can I take advantage of this savings Ecobill offers and help you in making my change to paperless?
ComcastAbbie
Official Employee

Re: Automatically set for Paperless bill

Hello, thanks for taking the time to post on Xfinity forums. I can understand your concerns and would like to see how I can help with saving you money. 

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Tg22
New Poster

I am discussed by the way Comcast has shoved paperless billing down our throats - But this seems typical of the poor direction Comcast's customer service has been headed in recent times.

Rather than changing me from the billing option I have selected and agreed to (without my consent), a customer service oriented company would simply promote a switch to paperless billing, perhaps providing an economic incentive for making the switch.

Comcast's approach is to change our billing method without consent (presumably because it saves them money and increases their bottom line) and justify it by saying you can (after the fact) waste your time and effort to change it back to the original billing method you selected and consented to, if you want.

Shame on comcast.
jjosd
Regular Visitor

Couldn't agree with you more TG22. Wasting my time switching something back and providing no incentive to make a change, how does this benifit customers. I'd love to go shopping and just leave a note at the door stating my address and kindly telling them to come by the house and I'll pay because it's easier for me as it saves me the time and money.

ComcastMichele
Official Employee

@jjosd Thanks for taking the time to reach out regarding your paperless billing concerns. This will always be an optional service available to our customers and we do have options for our current customers as well for our paperless billing discount. I would love to review options for your services. Please reach out through private message (find out how to do so with this link https://comca.st/3dfGFIq) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address and we will get started. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!