U

Friday, October 13th, 2023 12:20 PM

Closed

Xfinity Throttling LAN Connection

My speeds at the modem are exactly as advertised.  I have a brand spanking new TP Link Deco Mesh that is 2.5Gbps at the ports, and Wifi 6e.

I pay for 1.2Gbps, and get 600Mbps at best.

Xfinity rep has already come out.   Off the modem, the Deco performs admirably on the internal network, getting full speeds throughout.  As well, direct connect to the modem, and my speeds to the interwebs are spot on what they are supposed to be and what I am paying for.

Once I connect the Deco back up to it... no dice... back down to the 600Mbps.

Now tell me Xfinity doesn't do it?

I'll be buying a new modem to prove it to them.

Official Employee

• 

875 Messages

1 year ago

@user_v95z8c Thanks for taking a moment from your day to create a post on our Community Forums. Since your reported speeds are fine when connected directly to the modem, I'd recommend checking the settings (if possible) for the router or reaching out to the manufacturer for further assistance. There seems to be a disconnect happening once the router is linked that is not allowing the higher bandwidth to your devices that you've mentioned you do receive when it is not connected.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

1 year ago

@user_v95z8c 

FWIW. Are there any QoS (Quality of Service) settings enabled in the Deco ? If so, try disabling the feature and see. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here