U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 4:58 AM

Closed

Xfinity Support

I recently upgraded to the 2,000 Mbps plan and installed a new xb8 gateway. Prior to the upgrade I was getting 800-900 Mbps speeds using an xb7 gateway. Since the upgrade I’m getting. 300-400 Mbps Wi-Fi and even slower with a wired connection.  Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I’ve had tech support help twice online and no resolution. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_025cf8, Let us know if you are still having trouble with your internet speed. We would love to help. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Yes still the same issues

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We can certainly understand the need for fast internet in home nowadays! With so many relying on it for work, school, gaming, you name it! It's become essential!

Here's a link of ways that may help with improving speeds using a wireless connection:

Improve WiFi Network Performance

Though I know you'd mentioned having troubles over a hardwired connection as well! Had you the opportunity to check out any of our handy troubleshooting resources available via our website or the Xfinity app? Here are some steps that can be taken to see if helps!

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshoot-internet-third-party-router
(I know the article shows internet 3rd party router, however, some of these steps will commonly fix the issues with our very own equipment if experienced too!)

If you have or haven't, either way, that's perfectly fine! We of course do want you to know that those resources are available, in the same breath, we are always here to help too! If you'd like, please feel free to send a direct message our way to further troubleshoot if needed using the steps outlined below!

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here