slack's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

xFinity supplied Router/Gateway is blocking a specific website

My xFinity supplied router started denying access to a specfic website 2 days ago.

Before then I was able to connect to the website without issue.

Others can access the webiste through non xFinity routers.

I can acess the web site when connecting to my cell phones wifi hotspot.

The company who manages the web site said it was a specific IP address that was blocking their site.

That IP address is my xfinity supplied router/gateway.

I was on the phone and computer for 3 hours yesterday with 3 people and another 2 hours today with 4 people from xfinity.

I had to start over today.

My router was turned off and on again multiple times and reset to factory default 1 time.

I was told it would be fixed within 24 hours from today and that they would call me in 72 hours to see if it is fixed.

It would be nce if there were a case number that i could login to to check the status.

Expert

• 

106.1K Messages

4 years ago

Perhaps posting a traceroute output to the site may reveal a clue.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have already determined that it is not my computer and that it is the xfinity router that is blocking the website.

Expert

• 

106.1K Messages

4 years ago

I can't advise further definitively if you don't post it. All that I can suggest at this point is to try this;

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a workaround for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

Good luck !

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have already disabled the Xfi Advanced Security feature and there still no access to a website that I had access to 3 days ago and before.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Using the Troubshooting Diagnostic Tools of the router, Traceroute is inconclusive.

When I Test Connectivity for the website that is being blocked I get the following:

Connectivity to the Internet: Inactive: Error_Other

When I Test Connectivity for www.comcast.net I get the following:

Connectivity to the Internet: Active

Expert

• 

106.1K Messages

4 years ago

@slack wrote:

Using the Troubshooting Diagnostic Tools of the router, Traceroute is inconclusive.

Can you please post the output as requested so that we can see it. And please use your computer's built-in traceroute utility.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here