Xfinity Smash Ultimate Nintendo Switch
I tried commenting on another topic but it was locked.
Router CGM4331COM > Cat 6 Ethernet cable > Dlink LAN switch > Cat 6 ethernet cable > Official Nintendo Switch Ethernet Adapter > Nintendo Switch
Here's the issue:
Smash Ultimate Online Battle Arenas:
- Can connect and fight with random online
- Can create an arena for random online and people can join
- Can fight with friends if they create a room
- Cannot create a room and have friends join it. They do not see the room at all.
- I have tried to port forward the switch.
- I have tried to DMZ the switch.
- I have power cycled the router.
This has happened before. Whenever we got the new Xfinity router and they updated to web-based system, it added "Advanced Security". During this time, I wasn't able to do ANYTHING Nintendo. We tried playing Xenoblade Chronicles, Triforce heroes on 3DS, and smash ultimate. We were able to do it before the change, but the Advanced Security was enabled and I could no longer connect. They could connect between each other, but I could not. One of them had Xfinity, the other had Google Fiber.
After I disabled Advanced Security the first time, everything worked flawlessly. Flash forward to today, even disabling Advanced Security, port forwarding, and DMZing the switch still doesn't fix the problem.
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? It seems to be strictly specific to Nintendo servers.