S

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, August 5th, 2024 1:26 AM

Xfinity Pods are the worst

These things are literally the worst, or the design of Xfinity gateway/pods combo is bad. I need to connect a non-wifi device in a place without a hardline, so I connect it to the pods. First off statically assigned devices wont register in the gateway, why? Who knows, Xfinity has made these gateways dumb enough for the average home user, but us tech people need more flexibility. So I let my device get DHCP and it registered through the pod, yes I know the speeds will be that of wifi since pods are meshed, but I needed a hardline. The next issue is after everything was working fine I had to reboot my gateway which these days is a normal daily occurrence with this internet service and now the device will not come back online nor will the pod. So I figured out you have to disconnect the cable from the pod for it to register to the gateway then you can plug in the ethernet cable, but my device will not come back online unless I reboot it. That is just silly. Its a dhcp reservation so the pod should see the mac and register it and it should work. I honestly want to return these pods and get a Decco Mesh system for my home. I am very displeased with Xfinity's hardware these days. 10 years ago you had way more control over your home network, heck you cant even modify the gateways DNS server it hands out on DHCP. That is bad business when I use openDNS to protect my kids from the internet and xfinity does not have great parental controls at all. 

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

1 month ago

Stevenjw0728001 thank you for reaching out today via Community Forums. We appreciate your feedback on the experience you have had with the xFi Pods. I would be more than happy to troubleshoot your equipment with you, but I will say you definitely have more customizable features using customer owned equipment. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here