truerock2's profile

Contributor

• 

221 Messages

Monday, July 11th, 2022 6:45 AM

Closed

Xfinity Outage Map not working

A week or so ago, there was a thunderstorm in Houston causing a lot of outages all over the city.  I was getting lots of phone calls as typical, "my internet is down, is your internet down?"

Anyway, it was obviously a situation where perhaps tens of thousands or probably hundreds of thousands of Houstonians lost electrical and/or internet and/or CATV.

Looking at the Houston CenterPoint (the electricity distribution company) outage map it was obvious this was a major event as a huge number of homes had electrical outages.

I went to check the Xfinity outage map and it was not working and it is still not working a couple of weeks later.

The Xfinity outage map shows the status of my house but it doesn't show outages in other parts of Houston.

As a map, it is incredibly ridiculous because it only shows my house on the map and nothing else.  It is a completely blank useless map.

Does anyone know what is going on with the Xfinity outage map?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

2 years ago

@truerock2 Are you signed in to the Xfinity app when you are attempting to view the Xfinity service interruption map? If you are then the information will be relative to your service address. You can try visiting https://comca.st/3P0nl1Z instead, which still allows you to view your connection status, fix service issues, and check for local service interruptions as well. 

Contributor

• 

221 Messages

@XfinityJoshM​ 

Yes - I am logged into my account.  In fact, the outage map was modified - I think last year or 2 ago - so that you had to log on to use the map - or you couldn't see or use the outage map.

In the past, anyone could look at the map.  That is no longer possible.  If I wanted to look at the outages in Dallas, I couldn't do it.

The outage map stopped working recently.

The map shows only my location and does not show any other locations.

If you look at the outage map, printed at the top is says, "tap an icon for more information".  That function no longer works.   So that by itself shows the map is not functioning.

The map is no longer a map.  It is just a picture of a very small area of a map around my house.

The Xfinity outage map stopped functioning recently.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I am really sorry for the frustration. Are you currently having issues with your services? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

221 Messages

@XfinityDena​ 

I am not having problems with my Xfinity service today.

But with temperatures exceeding a 100 degrees all over Texas today, it would be great to see what types of outages Xfinity is having.  I might need to update my work schedule if there are a lot of outages going on in Houston.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I am glad to hear that you are not having issues today. Normally temperatures do not affect services but I can see if there is a power interruption that can cause issues in the area due to a store or heat! My neighborhood lost power over the weekend therefore I couldn't use my services and I know that is frustrating. There is a way to request a credit online, and we will check to see if you are eligible! Visit the link: https://comca.st/3yV0Tl4;

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here